The Blaze Media Feed
The Blaze Media Feed

The Blaze Media Feed

@blazemediafeed

Eight skiers dead after deadliest avalanche in California history — one still missing
Favicon 
www.theblaze.com

Eight skiers dead after deadliest avalanche in California history — one still missing

Rescuers found the bodies of eight skiers after an avalanche in northern California, and one skier still missing is likely dead as well.The group of 15 skiers were returning from the Frog Lake backcountry huts near Lake Tahoe after a three-day trip when they were hit by the avalanche.'Our mission now is to get them home.'Nevada County Sheriff Shannan Moon said the sheriff's office received a report of the avalanche on Tuesday at about 11:30 a.m.Moon said crews couldn't reach the site until 5:30 p.m. because of the weather conditions that included high winds and freezing temperatures.The survivors, which included five clients and and an employee of the Black Mountain Guides, made a makeshift shelter for themselves.Rescue workers got the survivors to safety before searching for those missing and finding their bodies. The last missing skier is now presumed dead.The survivors included two women and four men between the ages of 33 and 55 years old. Of the nine that had been missing, seven were women and two were men."Our mission now is to get them home," Moon said.The guide company released a statement about the incident."The leadership team at Blackbird Mountain Guides is working in full coordination with the Nevada County Sheriff’s Office and Nevada County Search and Rescue to support the ongoing rescue operation," the company's statement reads.RELATED: Brian Stelter suggests media partly to blame for 'warning fatigue' amid tragic flood deaths "Blackbird Mountain Guides is in direct contact with the emergency contacts of the affected clients and guides and is providing them with regular updates as verified information becomes available," they added.The incident is the deadliest avalanche in California history and the deadliest in the nation's history since 1981 when 11 climbers were killed on Mount Rainier in Washington state.Like Blaze News? Bypass the censors, sign up for our newsletters, and get stories like this direct to your inbox. Sign up here!

YouTube
HEATED: Texas AG Candidates Square Off in Contentious GOP Debate

Teen Vogue now pushing anti-ICE propaganda despite reports of its demise
Favicon 
www.theblaze.com

Teen Vogue now pushing anti-ICE propaganda despite reports of its demise

Liberals were outraged when Conde Nast announced that Teen Vogue was going to be absorbed into Vogue.com and would no longer be independent, but the brand continues to publish extremist propaganda.Teen Vogue was constantly ridiculed and derided by right-wing news outlets for regularly publishing degenerate sexual content and far-left Marxist stories intended to radicalize teens.'We can watch as our neighbors disappear or we can build on these proven strategies to protect the diverse communities we've built together.' Despite reports of its demise, the outlet is still working to despoil the virtue of teenagers online.In the op-ed titled "ICE Watch Programs Can Protect Immigrants in Your Neighborhood — Here’s What to Know," activist Nikki Marín Baena teaches teens how to oppose federal immigration law enforcement.Baena said her group offered "trainings in immigrant neighborhood parking lots and ... Spanish-language videos with tips for how to spot ICE agents."The group also set up an "emergency cash-assistance fund to provide small grants, usually between $300 and $2,000, to help" families of people detained by ICE "stave off eviction and afford the first payment to an immigration attorney."She posted a link to a guidebook for those who wanted to set up a "hotline, neighborhood watch, or cash-assistance program."Baena concluded, "As deportations ramp up again, we have a choice: We can watch as our neighbors disappear or we can build on these proven strategies to protect the diverse communities we've built together."Teen Vogue pushed the article Monday to its followers on Facebook.RELATED: Teen Vogue under fire from pro-life women for publishing post-abortion gift guide A statement from Vogue in Nov. 2025 said that the brand would "remain a distinct editorial property, with its own identity and mission," but the focus would change to "career development, cultural leadership, and other issues that matter most to young people."Apparently that includes anti-ICE propaganda.Like Blaze News? Bypass the censors, sign up for our newsletters, and get stories like this direct to your inbox. Sign up here!

Sara Gonzales responds to New York Times’ ‘hit piece’ linking her H-1B fraud exposé to racism claims
Favicon 
www.theblaze.com

Sara Gonzales responds to New York Times’ ‘hit piece’ linking her H-1B fraud exposé to racism claims

Last month, BlazeTV host Sara Gonzales set out on an investigation with a hunch that not every company sponsoring workers under the H-1B visa program in Texas was operating honestly.After researching public records in the USCIS H-1B Employer Data Hub, she physically visited the listed office addresses of several such companies and found that the addresses corresponded to single-family residential homes with no visible signs of business operations or staff present, despite the companies having sponsored multiple foreign workers under the program.Sara’s reporting prompted Governor Greg Abbott (R) to direct state agencies and universities to freeze new H-1B visa petitions to prioritize Texans for employment. In addition, Attorney General Ken Paxton launched a sweeping investigation into three North Texas companies for potential sham operations and visa abuse.Now, however, the New York Times in a recent article titled “How the Visa Debate for Foreign Workers Fuels Racism Against South Asians” is framing the broader debate over H-1B visas, including Sara’s investigation into potential fraud in Texas, as fueling racism against South Asians, particularly Indians, who make up many of the H-1B visa holders..“In Frisco, the tensions over H-1B were heightened by a conservative content creator who recently posted a much-watched video in which she made claims about possible H-1B fraud in the area," author Amy Qin wrote, directly referencing Sara’s reporting.On this episode of “Sara Gonzales Unfiltered,” Sara responds to what she interprets as a “hit piece” on her from the New York Times. “If the New York Times wants to take a swing at me, at least have the decency to name me,” she says.“They don’t want to name me because they don’t want to give my exposé more exposure. The ‘much-watched video’ — they couldn’t even say, like, millions of people watched it.”Even still, Sara says her glass is “half full.”“You’re over the target if the New York Times sees that you did something that is so good, that is so truthful and well done and important that they don’t even want to name you because if they said Sara Gonzalez actually posted this crazy exposé, people might be able to watch it,” she says, “and then if they watched it, they might stop being on the New York Times’ side because they’d see the truth.”But the New York Times, Sara says, is “not interested in seeking truth.”“They just want to make this about race because then they can turn their eye from what is actually going on.”To hear more of Sara’s response, watch the episode above.Want more from Sara Gonzales?To enjoy more of Sara's no-holds-barred takes on news and culture, subscribe to BlazeTV — the largest multi-platform network of voices who love America, defend the Constitution, and live the American dream.

RFK Jr. enlists Mike Tyson to 'speak out against baked goods'
Favicon 
www.theblaze.com

RFK Jr. enlists Mike Tyson to 'speak out against baked goods'

Robert F. Kennedy Jr. has teamed up with former boxer Mike Tyson to battle the proliferation of processed foods in America — but not everyone is thrilled with the Trump administration’s choice of role model.“I had a sister that died from obesity. So when they heard my story, they used me for the commercial, and it was just me telling the truth. People shouldn’t be surprised to see because I’m one of the most healthiest people on the planet,” Tyson told Lara Trump, while sitting with Calley Means and RFK Jr. on Fox News.“So they should think that I will want to be a participant in this, and I’m affected of course not only by my sister, but by my daughter and by my friends. You know, they just can’t stop picking up the food because the ultraprocessed food is a narcotic more than it is anything, a nutritionist,” Tyson added.While BlazeTV host Stu Burguiere respects Tyson’s dedication to health, he’s not among those thrilled with the team up.“Mike Tyson’s considerably older than me. The fact that he could even last in a ring for five minutes with a guy in his what, 20s or 30s, pretty freaking impressive to me. He’s in great shape,” Stu comments.“But what I’m going to focus on a little bit more is the fact, the fact, that Mike Tyson is a convicted rapist. Mike Tyson is a convicted rapist. Not a guy who got #metoo-ed because people were like, ‘Hey, I think he did something wrong once. He made a bad joke,’” he continues. “No. Mike Tyson went through a trial, was convicted of rape, and then went to prison for rape.”“Tyson really is a one of one when it comes to convicted rapists speaking out against baked goods. There’s really no other examples of this happening in our entire society, maybe worldwide, because ... we don’t typically use them later on to advertise products,” he says.“They’re not typically government spokespeople for food movements,” he adds.Want more from Stu?To enjoy more of Stu's lethal wit, wisdom, and mockery, subscribe to BlazeTV — the largest multi-platform network of voices who love America, defend the Constitution, and live the American dream.