100percentfedup.com
Vice President JD Vance Says The Media Is Trying To Create Conflict Between Him And Marco Rubio
Despite the 2028 Presidential election being a couple of years off, that isn’t stopping the media from hounding Vice President JD Vance on whether he will seek the highest office in the land.
During his recent sit-down interview with Fox News, Vance was asked if he would want President Trump to endorse him as the Republican Presidential nominee.
Vance responded to the question by saying that President Trump is focused on the job at hand, which is what everyone in the administration should do as well.
He then commented on recent media efforts to place him and Rubio against each other.
Watch Vance’s full response here:
JD Vance responds to questions about if he will run for President in 2028 and if Marco Rubio will be his running mate pic.twitter.com/WELRXxHFJT
— Benny Johnson (@bennyjohnson) February 17, 2026
Vance’s comments came after Bloomberg released the following article:
President Donald Trump said Vice President JD Vance and Secretary of State Marco Rubio are both “fantastic,” but fell short of saying if he would support either one of them to lead the Republican presidential ticket in the 2028 election.
“It’s something I don’t have to worry about now. I’ve got three years to go,” Trump told reporters Monday when asked if he would support Vance or Rubio in 2028.
“JD is fantastic. And Marco — they’re both fantastic,” Trump said aboard Air Force One. “I think Marco did a great job in Munich.”
The president has been coy about who he would like to see lead the Republican Party after his second term in the White House ends. But Trump has repeatedly named both his vice president and his secretary of state when asked who he’d like to succeed him as president.
Trump last year said that Vance is “most likely” the heir-apparent to the Make America Great Again movement, but has also said that Rubio would make a great nominee.
The question comes after Rubio received positive reviews at the Munich Security Conference where he sketched out a shared heritage with Europe and asserted a common path ahead, while still focusing on the Trump administration’s stance on western dominance, immigration and climate skepticism. He struck a markedly softer tone than Vance did at the event a year earlier.
Rubio, 54, a longtime anti-communist hawk, has embraced Trump’s aggressive approach while seeking ways to make deals in private. Vance, 41, a relative newcomer to politics best known for a memoir about life in small-town Ohio and Kentucky, embodies the MAGA movement’s anti-elite sensibilities, and Trump’s penchant for disruptive and unpredictable dealmaking.
Trump has spent months privately — and at times publicly — teasing a rivalry between the two, suggesting at turns that one, then the other, is best positioned to take the torch from him.
Watch Vance’s full interview with Fox News below: