100percentfedup.com
President Trump Reveals He Called Off Military Strike on Iran After Gulf Allies Asked for More Time
President Trump just gave Iran one more chance.
He said Monday that a U.S. military strike on Iran had been scheduled for Tuesday, but he called it off after Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates asked him to allow serious negotiations to continue.
The message to Tehran was direct: the strike is paused, not forgotten.
Trump said the military remains ready for a full, large-scale assault if Iran refuses an acceptable deal that ends its nuclear threat.
AP moved the breaking alert as soon as Trump announced the decision.
BREAKING: President Trump says he’s called off an Iran strike planned for Tuesday at the request of Gulf allies to allow for “serious negotiations.” https://t.co/2t8CYfrxUM
— The Associated Press (@AP) May 18, 2026
This is what peace through strength looks like.
Trump had the strike ready. Then the leaders of three key Gulf nations personally asked him to hold fire because they believe a deal can be made.
CBS News reported the details of Trump’s announcement:
President Trump said Monday that he called off a U.S. attack on Iran that had been scheduled for Tuesday. The decision came after Gulf partners asked the United States to allow continued negotiations.
The request came from Qatar’s emir, Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, and UAE President Mohamed bin Zayed. Trump said those leaders told him serious negotiations were taking place and that, in their view, a deal could be reached.
Trump said any deal must include no nuclear weapons for Iran. He then instructed Secretary of War Pete Hegseth, Joint Chiefs Chairman General Daniel Caine, and the American military that the scheduled Tuesday attack would not take place.
That order came with a warning. Trump also instructed the military to be ready to move forward with a full, large-scale assault on Iran at a moment’s notice if an acceptable deal is not reached.
CBS also noted that Iran says it has relayed amended terms for a possible deal through Pakistani mediators. Over the weekend, Trump warned Tehran that the clock was ticking and that there would not be anything left of them if they failed to move fast.
That is the leverage Biden never had.
Iran knows Trump has already shown he is willing to use force. Gulf allies know he is willing to listen when they bring him a serious diplomatic opening.
Disclose.tv summarized the same key point: the request came from major regional allies, and Trump expects a deal to be made.
JUST IN – Trump says that after UAE, Saudi Arabia and Qatar asked him, he has agreed to hold off on the “planned Military attack” of Iran, “which was scheduled for tomorrow,” as “serious negotiations are now taking place,” and that he expects a deal to be made. https://t.co/y4LxNVElyw
— Disclose.tv (@disclosetv) May 18, 2026
AP also confirmed the timing and the wider pressure around the Iran standoff:
Trump is holding off on a military strike that had been planned for Tuesday because serious negotiations are now underway.
The announcement came one day after Trump warned that Iran’s clock was ticking to reach a deal. His warning raised the possibility that fighting could resume if Tehran refused to accept a permanent resolution.
Trump did not provide details about the planned target package. He did say the U.S. military had been instructed to be prepared for a full, large-scale assault if an acceptable deal is not reached.
The pressure was already hitting global markets. World shares mostly retreated and oil prices jumped after Trump warned Tehran that the clock was ticking while negotiations over a permanent end to the war remained stalled.
That market reaction shows why the Gulf allies had an urgent interest in buying time for negotiations. A wider conflict with Iran would hit energy markets, regional security, and American allies all at once.
The timing also matters because Trump had warned Tehran one day earlier to move fast. Iran is now being offered a narrow diplomatic window with the military option still fully visible.
The old Washington foreign-policy class will try to call this confusion.
It is actually controlled pressure.
Iran is being told the door is still open, but the door is attached to a deadline and backed by U.S. firepower.
The Gateway Pundit framed the military warning clearly after Trump’s announcement.
UPDATE: Trump Calls Off Planned Military Strikes Against Iran – Says “Full, Large Scale Assault” Is Ready “on a Moment’s Notice”
READ: https://t.co/Ou5nLLqe5h pic.twitter.com/g1eTyTy1dZ
— The Gateway Pundit (@gatewaypundit) May 18, 2026
Gateway Pundit reported the right-leaning takeaway:
Trump called off planned military strikes against Iran after Gulf partners asked for more time. The strikes were scheduled for Tuesday, and Trump said serious negotiations were now taking place.
The report emphasized Trump’s core demand: no nuclear weapons for Iran. That remains the point of the entire standoff, and Trump made clear he is not backing away from that condition.
The article also highlighted Trump’s warning that a full, large-scale assault remains ready at a moment’s notice if negotiations fail. That is the key difference between surrender diplomacy and diplomacy backed by power.
The strike was held because allied leaders made a request and claimed a deal was possible. The threat remains because Iran has not yet delivered an acceptable agreement.
That is not weakness. It is a president using American military power as leverage while giving trusted regional allies a chance to bring the deal home.
Iran should understand exactly what happened.
The United States did not stand down because Tehran won a concession. Trump held back because America’s Gulf allies asked for a short diplomatic window.
If Iran uses that window to stall, the military option is already waiting.
That is the point of the announcement.
Trump is offering Iran a final off-ramp while making sure the regime knows the road ends in overwhelming force if it chooses the wrong path.